Ali Kerem Saysel
Simulation and gaming,
Resilience and sustainability
Ph. D., Institute of Environmental Sciences, Boğaziçi University, TR, 1999
M.S., Institute of Environmental Sciences, Boğaziçi University, TR, 1993
B.S., Department of Industrial Engineering, Boğaziçi University, TR, 1990
Professor, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, 2014- Present
Associate Professor, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, 2006-2014
Assistant Professor, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Boğaziçi University,Istanbul, 2004-2006
Associate Professor, Department of Information Science - System Dynamics Group, University of Bergen, Bergen, 2001-2004
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Environmental Systems Analysis Group, College of Science and Technology, New University of Lisbon, 2000
Research Assistant, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, 1991-1999
- “Innovative and Sustainable Groundwater Management in the Mediterranean (InTheMed)”, Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Med Area - 2020-23. (https://inthemedprima.com)
- “Systems Analysis MOOCs for Sustainability Transformation”, Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership for Higher Education KA203 - 2020-23. (https://www.uib.no/en/rg/dynamics/145044/strategic-partnership-mooc-deve...)
- “Green growth and win-win strategies for sustainable climate action (Green-Win)”, H2020 Environment and Resources - 2015-18. (https://www.green-win-project.eu)
- “Teaching Dynamic Environmental Problems to Seventh Graders with Systems Approach”, Boğaziçi University Research Fund - 2011-13.
- "Dynamics of Carbon Mitigation in Electric Power Industry." Boğaziçi University Research Fund - 2009-2010.
- Ciobanu, N., Saysel, A. K. (2021). Using social ecological inventory and group model building for resilience assessment to climate change in a network governance setting. A case study from Ikel Watershed in Moldova. Environment, Development and Sustainability, 23(1), 1065-85.
- Yazar, M., Hestad, D., Mangalagiu,D., Saysel, A. K., Ma, Y., Thornton, T. (2020). From Urban Sustainability Transformations to Green Gentrification: Urban Renewal in Gaziosmanpaşa, Istanbul. Climatic Change. 160(4), 637-53.
- Doğança-Küçük Z., Saysel, A, K. (2018). Developing Seventh Graders’ Understanding of Complex Environmental Problems with Systems Tools and Representations, Research in Science Education. 48, 491-514.
- Saysel, A, K., Hekimoğlu, M. (2013). Exploring the Options for Carbon Dioxide Mitigation in Turkish Electric Power Industry, Energy Policy, 60, 675-686.
- Moxnes, E., Saysel, A, K. (2009). Misperceptions of Global Climate Change: Information Policies, Climatic Change, 93, 15-37.